MicroClear®- Pilot Project 50 – 100m³/d
Range of Applications
- Piloting and determination of performance in municipal MBR applications
- Piloting and determination of performance in industrial wastewater applications
- Feasibility studies on biological degradation rates
- Piloting with regard to potential energy savings (energy-optimized operation of a MBR)
- Piloting with regard to the selection of membrane material
- Short-term deployment, failure of stationary systems
- Mobile deployments requiring a short response time e.g. to disaster areas etc.
- Piloting for process validation
- Size 20ft standard container
(6.058 m × 2.438 m × 2.591 m / / 19′ 10 1⁄2″ × 8′ × 8′ 6″)
- Weight empty (without water): 3200kg
- Operating weight (all systems in operation and filled): 15500kg
- Filtrate throughput (depending on the installed membrane module) 50 – 100m³/d // 2,1 – 4,2m³/h
- Electrical power requirement
12kW // 32A fuse
- Waste water inlet connection size
DN 32 // DA40 PE
- Connection size
transition piece sludge // overflow DN75 HT
- Filtrate outlet connection size
- Electrical and hydraulic connections must be available
- Suitable installation area incl. suitable foundation with sufficient load-bearing capacity dimensions: 10.0m x 5.0m
- Site suitable for trucks, safe loading and unloading must be guaranteed
- Access and operating area for mobile crane must be guaranteed
- Pre-filter mesh size 1.5 mm • Membrane bioreactor with separate upstream biology total aeration volume 8m³
- Aeration biology / MBR is separate and controlled via flow sensors and FU oxygen content in biology can be also controlled via oxygen probe.
- Buffer tank 4m³, can either be used as a buffer or as an additional biological stage with separately controllable aeration and recirculation
- Microcontroller with a simple four-button user interface
- All relevant operational data parameters are recorded allowing a logbook to be compiled
- USB interface
The pilot plant was designed as a universal test platform for membrane bioreactor applications. Due to the flexible reactor configuration, the system can be adapted without structural alterations to many different customer profiles, ranging from classical municipal applications up to the treatment of difficult industrial wastewater.
The system is extremely agile - it is compact, accommodated in standard 20ft containers. It can be made ready for transportation at very short notice.
The pilot plant was designed for a throughput of around 2 - 4m³/h. This value may vary depending on the application and the composition of the waste water.
The entire container is powered by a 32A electrical feed thanks to its energy-efficient design, which makes it possible to operate the system in remote areas of the world powered only by a generator, independent of on-site electricity.
The system is constructed exclusively of chemically resistant materials. All of the pipes and tanks are made of PE, machine-welded. All of the metal piping and housing components are made of V4A stainless steel. This ensures that the system can also be used for aggressive media.
The integrated measurement and control technology complies with current industrial standards (IFM and E + H). The associated components and sensors have almost all of the required approvals and / or registrations in the industrial release lists. Above and beyond this, great attention has been paid to the use of LAPS-free and silicone-free materials, so that deployment in relevant environments will not present a problem.
The system is managed by a proprietary microcontroller. All of the operating parameters are set on a two line display, something we consciously kept simple. The system's operating data together with those of all auxiliary units are stored in a USB mass storage device and can be read via a USB interface. If required, remote access can be provided.
We deliver the system fully assembled and it is usually up and running within one day, as long as a suitable installation surface and an access road are available. In order to commission the system, we need an electrical power feed, a feed pump to supply the wastewater to be treated and the inlet and outlet lines need to be connected. Installation and commissioning will be carried out by newterra GmbH. If required, newterra GmbH staff can also be provided to operate the system.